Here's the thing.
I am amidst my annual cleanse.... 3 days "pre-cleanse", 21 day dietary cleanse, 7 days of reintroduction of (some) foods. I lovehate this thing.
Reasons it is a challenge:
1. I like cheese. I like coffee.
2. Food is a panacea for me.
3. Food and social gatherings have a certain way about them.
Reasons it is blowing my MIND (and body) in the best possible way:
1. Eating less allows more energy in my body to be used for doing good things -- instead of only digesting.
2. My "vibration" is much higher. You can only know what I am talking about if you know what I am talking about on this one. It is SO true that when you eat foods that are more nourishing, then more nourishing is what YOU become. If you eat foods that are more ALIVE, then more ALIVE is what YOU become. Buzz ON, I say!
3. The lens is clearer: there is much more clarity in my heart and mind. When I wake up in the mornings, I feel rested (seriously). My skin looks younger, healthier, and less blotchy. I see things more clearly.... because I am less gucked up with all the heaviness and thickness of digesting more than I need (in non-food stuffs and in quantity).
Love. This. Way.
Spring and Fall are the times to detox. They are the times that the universe is shifting and changing and swapping out its clothing... from the inside out. We are part of the universe, so this is the time to do it for our humanness as well.
Oh, and then the yoga practice. It totally changes too. The energy blasts through... busting open portals. WOWZA.
But that's for sharing another time.
Big buzz. Big Love.