It is that lovely time again.... Time for our Spring Yoga & Ayurveda Retreat in the coastal range....
Yoga is for every body regardless of age or abilities. The power of yoga is in exploring the techniques and practices of age-old, and integrating that which brings you into balance and personal power under the guidance of a qualified teacher. Getting away for a retreat in the country, brings you back to your core, back to your heart, and back to your true nature. This is what we call Sattva. This is harmony--our natural state.
***** YOUR YOGA AND AYURVEDA RETREAT PACKAGE INCLUDES *****
* 3 nights accommodation at Cedar Ridge Retreat & Conference Center
* 7 organic, vegetarian, home-cooked meals
* Morning and afternoon yoga classes, and sunrise meditation
* Pranayama, meditation, mudra, and mantra instruction
* Unlimited hiking, walking trails, creekside meditation, walking Labyrinth, time in nature
* Puja Ceremony around the campfire with chanting -- new moon falls on June 12th this month -- a time for new beginnings
* Lots of growth, laughter, self-exploration, and time to breathe and to BE Loved!!!
Here are some of the specifics to expect during this Spring 2010....
* MUDRA--the sacred gestures or "energy seals" that can be used to strengthen our focus, clear our mind, and achieve specific health results
* MANTRA--delve into the Gayatri Mantra, the great mantra of yoga, and embody the benefits of this sacred chant
* AYURVEDIC FOCUS--Kapha... no matter what your dosha, Kapha is best attended to in the springtime... An optional seasonal detox cleanse will be offered
It's especially important to balance kapha in the spring, because kapha accumulates during winter and can create diseases by the time spring arrives. As the world becomes colder and wetter in winter, your body mirrors these kapha-like changes. You tend to eat, sleep, and stay inside more during winter, which can result in a "winter coat" of insulation. In spring, you need to shed this excess kapha or risk becoming vulnerable to seasonal allergies or head colds. You might also gain or retain weight or succumb to a general lethargy or emotional dullness.
Your Ayurvedic prescription for spring is to do an internal "spring cleaning", develop a rhythm and routine that helps you gradually lighten up physically, mentally, and emotionally without disturbing the stable virtues of kapha. We will offer an optional seasonal 24 guided cleanse, to help to recalibrate the body and embrace the fresh, new life of springtime/early summer.
The retreat is priced to be in alignment with yogic principles. $199. The ancient teachings tell us that one should not profit from another's hunger nor illness. May we embody this wisdom as we journey together....May yoga and ayurveda be accessible to everyone.
I hope to share this time with you, if you are called....